Thank you for your interest in serving as a Room Parent for the 2021-2022 School Year!Room Parents 2021-2022 ROOM PARENT QUICK LINKS: - Sign up to be a Ro
2021-2022 ROOM PARENT QUICK LINKS:
- Sign up to be a Room Parent for your child's teacher: McAlpine Room Parent SignUp Genius
- Find the Room Parent Guide HERE and more Room Parent Resources HERE.
- Room Parents can request a reimbursement check for Room Parent supply purchases using THIS FORM.
- 2021-2022 Teacher Favorite Things can be found HERE!
TEACHERS & STAFF: Please fill out the 21-22 Favorite Things Form!
MORE INFO on the Room Parent role:
Thank you for your interest in serving as a Room Parent for the 2021-2022 School Year!
This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know and serve your child's teacher in ways that he/she will greatly appreciate. As the primary liaison between the teacher and the students' families, Room Parents initiate and promote the fluid school-to-home relationship for which McAlpine prides itself!
We are looking for Room Parents to fulfill the following key responsibilities in 2021-2022:
1. Serve as a liaison between the teacher and the parents to help facilitate communication.
2. Communicate to parents any materials requests or parent help needed by the teacher (for example: forwarding a teacher's Amazon Wish List to parents).
3. Pass along important school or PTO announcements to parents in a timely manner (within 24 hours of receipt from the PTO or Room Parent Coordinator).
4. Create a class directory of contact information for parents/guardians.
5. Help celebrate teacher birthdays or other important special events by notifying the class of the date and sharing a Teacher "Favorite Things" list (provided by the PTO).
6. Encourage class participation in PTO-directed Teacher Appreciation Week activities.
7. Potentially coordinate materials and organize activities for classroom celebrations throughout the year, if parties are allowed this school year.
In addition, it is necessary for a Room Parent to:
1. Be a registered CMS Volunteer: https://www.cmsvolunteers.com.
2. Have a computer and the ability to email parents, including creating a SignUp Genius, if needed.
3. Have the ability and desire to communicate in a clear and timely manner with parents via email.
You are welcome to share this job responsibility with another parent in your classroom!
We need to ensure that each teacher has at least one dedicated Room Parent, but having more than one Room Parent will help you to share the workload and collaborate ideas. To sign up as a Room Parent for your child's classroom, select one (or both, if you would like to serve as the sole Room Parent) of the slots for your child's teacher .I
If you have any questions, please contact Room Parent Coordinator, Deedee Buzzard: email@example.com.
Once a majority of the Room Parents have signed up, Deedee will reach out to you with further instructions.
At this time, we are just making sure all of our teachers and students are settled in.Thank you for supporting your child's McAlpine teacher!
To sign up as a Room Parent for your child's classroom, select one (or both if you'd like to be the sole Room Parent) of the slots for your child's teacher on this SignUp Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050845A4AE2CA5F58-mcalpine4
See the Room Parent Guide for more details on the role of Room Parent. More resources can also be found in the Room Parent Google Drive.
Thank you for supporting your child's McAlpine teacher!
We Would Love To Hear From You