Serve as the primary liaison between the teacher and the students' families!
This is a wonderful opportunity to get to know and serve your child's teacher in ways that he/she will greatly appreciate. As the primary liaison between the teacher and the students' families, Room Parents initiate and promote the fluid school-to-home relationship on which McAlpine prides itself! Sign up now.
1. Serve as a liaison between the teacher and the parents to help facilitate communication.
2. Communicate to parents any materials requests or parent help needed by the teacher (for example: forwarding a teacher's Amazon Wish List to parents).
3. Pass along important school or PTO announcements to parents in a timely manner (within 24 hours of receipt from the PTO or Room Parent Coordinator).
4. Create a class directory of contact information for parents/guardians.
5. Help celebrate teacher birthdays or other important special events by notifying the class of the date and sharing a Teacher "Favorite Things" list (provided by the PTO).
6. Encourage class participation in PTO-directed Teacher Appreciation Week activities.
7. Coordinate materials and organize activities for classroom celebrations throughout the year.
1. Be a registered CMS Volunteer.
2. Have a computer and the ability to email parents, including creating a SignUpGenius.
3. Have the ability and desire to communicate clearly and timely with parents via email.
We need to ensure that each teacher has at least one dedicated Room Parent, but having more than one Room Parent will help you to share the workload and collaborate ideas. Please note: Room Parents may only serve in one classroom per school year.
If you have any questions, please contact Room Parent Coordinator, Kelly O'Keeffe: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Would Love To Hear From You